The ‘HIGH’ school for RAM / LCC Manager
Context: RAM/LCC (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Life Cycle Costs) is becoming more important in railway tenders since they are becoming one of the decisive factors in the awarding of contracts.
Not achieving agreed RAM / LCC data is often contractually highly penalized. The system integrators have long been committed to high-profile experts. Now smaller and medium-sized companies recognize also that they must build up these competencies. Participants will learn the basics on the topic of RAM and LCC in a comprehensive form to introduce their own RAM / LCC processes, RAM / LCC calculation for the offers and to conduct RAM / LCC data analysis, under guidance in a first project, if necessary. You will get familiar with the various concepts and procedures of the RAM / LCC requirements of IEC 62 278 (EN 50126). The model includes criteria and conditions, and failure categories, failure scenarios for RAM and for LCC considerations as well as RAM / LCC data collection and data analysis to validate RAM/LCC commitments.
Although our seminars are mainly tailored to the rail industry, it is noticeable that it is attracting more and more interested parties from outside this sector. For example, eight participants from the Saudi Arabian oil and gas industry attended our RAM/LCC course. What applies here to trains and rail systems is also readily applicable to other industries. We expect even more interest in the future, as machinery and equipment manufacturers as well as internal or external maintenance provider for operating equipment will increasingly have to deal with this topic.
Trainer: Andreas Kroenert
as usual in the IRIS Academy, we will share our best knowledge first hand with you! In line with our motto “The best for the bests in the Rail Industry”, CC-Rail engaged Andreas Kroenert from the Siemens AG. Andreas Kroenert is working as a ‘Senior Specialist Engineer RAM/LCC’ for 20 years within the railway business. He has worked in numerous Siemens and Alstom railway vehicle projects throughout the entire life cycle starting with the offer preparation, subsequent design, construction and testing & commissioning phases through to the final operation and maintenance periods and he has participated in national and international committees for RAM/LCC and maintenance related standards and regulations.
Objectives: the aim of the course is to provide enough suggestions for improving your RAM/LCC business about the upcoming requirements of the railway sector and to make you familiar with all relevant RAM/LCC topics. Especially the ISO 22163 standard requires RAM/LCC knowledge with special attention to the FRACAS process. After the course, there should be sufficient best practices and solutions that can be seamlessly integrated into your daily business.
Target group: managers from marketing/sales, engineering, project management, testing, commissioning, maintenance, quality management and internal auditors.
Content: specifically, we will elaborate on the following topics:
- RAM introduction,
- normative requirements, IRIS requirements, EN 50126 and CLC/TR 50126-3 application guideline,
- RAM/LCC processes and procedures, organization for RAM/LCC, tools, previous bids and projects follow up, certification cycles, tender phase & design and demonstration phases, review, prediction,
- RAM/LCC Project Plan,
- Reliability, failures and faults, failure modes, failure categories, relevancy, system breakdown structure and identification of Line Replaceable Units (LRU), failure rate (unit, calculation), mission profile, reliability KPIs,
- Availability, up and down states, maintenance times relevant for RAM/LCC considerations,
- FMEA, FMECA, background, theory, use, review of supplier FMECA,
- Field data collection, data cleaning and analysis, lessons learned, introduction to FRACAS, root cause analysis and reliability growth,
- Maintainability and maintenance (corrective, preventive, predictive),
- RAM/LCC calculations using UNILIFE tool,
- RAM/LCC tools, Internet links and material for RAM/LCC use, commercial tools.
- many practical exercises and real life case studies, including correct solutions of all exercises.
- workshops to share and discuss proven solutions in the rail industry. This will save you a lot of time after the course!
- all topics are didactically presented in a training booklet that has been awarded top scores by many participants. We are sure that you will also refer to this booklet more often in the future. We strive to keep our entire documentation always up to date. Our booklet is used by many companies as guidelines and benchmarks around the world.
The course provides the essential RAM/LCC basics and deepens them in numerous practical examples and exercises; the participants are expected to have experience and knowledge in using Excel.
Duration: 4 exciting and intensive days (32 seminar hours).
Dates, minimum number of participants, number of vacant seats, agendas, venues, course fees and discount rates: these information can be found in the course table at https://www.cc-rail.info/en/academy/ On this page, please either follow the linked offers or click on the green registration button.
Proof of performance: after passing the exam, participants can receive the certificate as RAM/LCC MANAGER as well as a detailed proof of achievement. The certificates of the IRIS Academy serve as proof of IRIS knowledge for the next 3 years.
Language: the lecture and seminar documents are in English.
Handout sample: please download a reading sample.
Customer satisfaction: CC-Rail is the world’s first and still the only provider of a comprehensive IRIS training concept that meets a wide variety of requirements, ranging from 2-day events to challenging 40-hour IRIS seminars. We have invested more than 1200 hours in all these seminar preparations and offer much more than just assisted reading. The IRIS Academy has been the HIGH SCHOOL” for managers in the railway industry since 2009. It is globally known and highly appreciated in the industry for its unique training standard according its motto only the best for the bests” as well as for its exceptional practical proximity. So far, more than 1700 managers from all continents have benefited from the seminars offered by the IRIS Academy. 95% of them rated our courses as EXCELLENT” and recommend this to others. Hence you can look forward to a seminar that exceptional differs from events of other provider. Especially our RAM/LCC-Guru, Andreas Kroenert, receives regularly top scores from all particpants.
Inquiries for inhouse seminars: please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . We try to respond within 24 hours.
Registration for public seminars: please visit the course table at https://www.cc-rail.info/en/academy/ and book under “Details”.
Registration deadline: Immediately after the registration deadline, we must pay for our reservations (travel, lodging, conference arrangements, printing, and your certificates). Therefore, it is very important for us that you register for the seminar as soon as possible in order to reach the minimum number of participants required economically. Once the seminar is confirmed, you can still register up to 2 business days before the seminar starts, depending on the availability of vacant seats. If the minimum number of participants is not reached, unfortunately, the seminar will have to be cancelled. Therefore, please do not book your trip until you have received our official invitation to the training..